Cosplay Hextech Janna – WIP: Staff Head Base

I haven’t been posting my updates as quickly as I should. This was done a couple of days ago.

I enlisted my boyfriend to help me do this part. For two reasons:

1) The last time I used an Exacto knife I cut off the tip of my pinky.

2) Something for him to do. He’s not as enthusiastic about cosplay as I am unfortunately.

IMG_0296

Picture of him carving away all the hot glue from my old staff head base.

I went to A.C. Moore and Loew’s (the easiest craft and hardware store to get to at the time) to get supplies. For the staff head base I got two 7″ wooden stitching hoops which I used just the inside hoop. And then hot glued each inside hoop together. Then I took my old base and glued it together with that.

IMG_0298

IMG_0303

Old on top and new on bottom now glued together.

IMG_0301

This was the old base with the top. The bottom has already been pulled off.

IMG_0300

Old base.

  The reason I elevated the height was so I could hide battery packs a lot better. Before, my battery pack could just barely fit in there as it was a last minute addition. What I plan for the new base is to hide everything electrical in it lol. It’s going to get a coating of gesso and then spray painted brown. Then a middle strip would be painted blue.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s